CLEANER crew reef packages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dpfleghaar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alot of places advertise reef cleaner crews with blue leg hermits snails ect. Will most of those animals live?(given good water conditions of course). are they relatively easy to care for? some packages contain lettuce nudibranch I thought they could be challenging to keep.

The hermits and snails are pretty hardy. I always get mine at the LFS so I have no experience on the online stuff. I also have never messed with nudibranches.

I have two lettuce nudis that do pretty well in my 75. I would say they are pretty hardy, as one took a trip around my vortech and got a pretty good gash in him. After about a week of not seeing him, he appeared and was back at it again. Aside from that and the occasional trip down the overflow, I find them fascinating!

The main thing with these guys is to have a food source for them. They will devour virtually any type of algae in your tank, but I have had no luck feeding them nori during an absence of visible algae. That said, I don't clean the back glass often, that way they have a "go to" spot. :)

those blue leg hermits should be hardy, i didnt even really acclimate them i just float them in my tank for 40 minutes and dropped them in and this was when my tank was freshly cycled

Back
Top Bottom