Cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Datreeferman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a skunk cleaner shrimp but I don't ever see it doing its job. I got it 3 days ago and when I first put it in the aquarium it seemed as if it were trying to clean the fish but every time it would reach 4 the fish the fish would move away as if it were scared. After a while the shrimp just gave up. Ever since I haven't seen it cleaning any fish. My yellow tail damsel also picks on it during the day if it comes to far out of its hole. Now my shrimp fights back with the yellow tailed damsel and with holds its own. But now I don't even see it try to clean the fish. What should/can I do?:confused: and is this normal? How often do cleaner shrimp clean? I have a peppermint shrimp, 2 clowns,1 yellow-tailed damsel and 1 fire fish.
image.jpg

Your fish are really to small to see the shrimps true behavior. I have a cleaner and he never cleans any of mine either. I have two clowns, a royal gramma and a blenny. You will really only see them clean larger fish like tangs, angels, etc...

Those fish really don't get cleaned. My angel and tang are the ones that get scrubbed down.

Back
Top Bottom