Cleaner Shrimp Babies ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angnak

Aquarium Advice Regular
My shrimp just had babies and I turned off the pump so they will stay in the tank and not get sucked into the overflows. My question is how long can I go without the filtration? I do not have any fish in the tank right now. I have a powerhead in the tank circulating the surface of the water. I will go tomorrow and get some mesh to put in front of the overflows so they don't get sucked in. Any help would be appreciated. I have never experienced this before. Also should I take them out? I have no idea what to do. A couple of my other shrimp have been eating them already so I turned the Actinic off hoping they would go to sleep and leave them alone. Sorry so long.

You could try this thing Capt Gorilla taught me, buy a sponge filter insert and fit it around the syphon of your HOB, that way you will still get movement and your babies wont die.

If youre talking about an UGF then you can just put an airstone on the corner of the tank so you still get some O2 in your H2O.

The thing is: your bacteria need oxigen, and if you let time pass without feeding it (NH3, NO2, and NO3 PLUS OXIGEN) your cycling bacteria will die and you will hafta kinda start all over again...

Thats what i know...

Is your tank planted?
Maybe if you gave us some more info about your filtration equipment and tank setup we could give you more solutions to your problem.

About taking them out, taking who out?
maybe separating them within a hatchery would do, but i wouldnt do that except if it was a critical situation, remember that this way, mother nature makes the strongest survive...

I have a sump as my filtration. No Refuge or macro algae. Just LR, DSB, and filters as my filtration. There is no UGF. The tank is a 92 corner. So if I put an air stone in there it will be okay for how long?

Back
Top Bottom