Cleaner Shrimp Death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StripesTheEel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys,

Did a water change yesterday and after completing it I noticed one of my cleaner shrimp came out of the LR and hung around the front of the tank. I thought it was a little weird at first, but it was just munching on some left over food, then after about 10 minutes it stopped moving and the water current just tipped it over and it stayed upside and died. My other cleaner shrimp stayed in the rocks and is still alive.

Anyone have any idea why it died?

Shrimp was 3 inches (possibly old?)

Tank parameters
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
SG before and after 1.024

The only reason Im a little annoyed.. is that the majority of you guys I speak to know that Australia sucks for pricing and I paid $150 for it!!

No idea. Could have been age and the WC stressed it just enough to finish the job. I will send you a few free if you pay the shipping. :D Mine annoy me when I try to feed the corals.

Dont think you can ship livestock overseas.. :D

Its rediculous and I cant really afford to buy another one..

just spoke to my mum, and apparently when it died the fish began to pick at it.. but my moray came over and attacked the fish and picked it up in its mouth and is now sitting on it in his nest..

Brenden said:
No idea. Could have been age and the WC stressed it just enough to finish the job. I will send you a few free if you pay the shipping. :D Mine annoy me when I try to feed the corals.

pffft...i'll take em off your hands if you want. My cleaner shrimp crooked about 2 weeks ago for no good reason. I could use some replacements. I'd be down for paying shipping.

Back
Top Bottom