Cleaner (skunk) shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a clown the other night, and am not getting anymore fish. However I would love to have a shrimp. I talked to Kevin and he said a Skunk, or cleaner shrimp would be ok. I am excited because I really like them. I just wanted to hear from people who might have them?

We have 2 of them they are very cool, but big piggies! They are all over anything that comes into the tank, especially food. Ours have grown quite large since we first got them and often shed a lot which they seem to do at night. Not sure if this helps but we like 'em :p

They are really great to look at. Not only do they have nice colors their general appearnce with the long tenticles/feelers and how they move about the tank.

When people see our tanks they are less concerned with the fish and more interested in the shrimp.

Yes some people say that.

Then I kindly tell them if it was the type you eat then you would be eating a VERY expensiv meal at $20+ per shrimp

d9hp,
I really like my skunk cleaner, although she hides a lot. I asked a question a couple of days about them in this forum - you might want to check it out. The consensus I got was that they do better in pairs and if you have two they will start to carry eggs, which are great fish/coral food.

in also would suggest you get a pair. They will feel more comfortable and come out in the open more. $30 is too much for a skunk cleaner. Check out pet co, they usually have them for around $20.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom