Cleaning Crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guardgz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so I just bought 5 turbo snails, 10 red legged hermit crabs, and 10 of the tiny snails, is this enough for an 85gal tank??

I would get a little more For your size tank. Also I would recommend just going with a Bunch of Astrea Snails and Nassarius Snails. IMO I just made and Order off of reefs2go 20 Astrea Snails 20 Nassarius Snails 20 Blue Leg Hermits, But I only ordered that many casue you have to account for some DOA that come in but should be enough for my 55 Gallon. But then again I was running a Slim CUC...

Thanks Tank I kinda figured I would need more when I seen that they didn't really cover alot of area when I put them in lol... but thanks for the info I'll check that site out!

One problem I see with the CUC packages usually available are the inclusion of hermits. They tend to present problems after awhile. They need shells to grow and they WILL take them from snails by force. Overall, I agree. I think more crew is needed. I'd just stick with astrea, nassarius, and maybe a few turbos.

Yeah I heard about that also, the girl that sold us the CUC gave us some empty shells that are larger to put in there. I think I will stick with the snails though.. thanks for all the help everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom