Cleaning Crew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Omega

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there you guys,

My tank is doing great after 2 months and now i need a bit of advice. I have had one Damsel in the tank for one week now and i just want to know what type of "cleaning crew" i need to get i am thinking of keeping it small for now to not overload the tank and take it step by step, it is a FOWLR tank at this stage but i am definitely going the the reef side after more experience :) .

TIA

How many lbs of rock in your 30g? Maybe 'bout 5 scarlet reef hermits and a couple of snails since you wanna keep it small as you say. Maybe a cleaner shrimp too. Did I already ask how much rock is in there?

Also, maybe you've heard others suggest that damsels in the tank first my be a problem if it doesn't allow newcomers by becoming too territorial. Anyway, as your rock grows to 45 lbs or so (for your ultimate reef), that damsel is gonna be very hard to catch later if problems persist. I'd suggest replacing him now with a clown or a pair.

I have about 5lbs at the moment building up slowly because of money you know. I have read that the damsels can become a mess later on, The LFS actually gave it to me as a freebie and said i can just return him after the tank has fully established.

Do you maybe have a link or photos so that i can see what "scarlet reef hermits" look like so that i dont get faked by the LFS.

TIA :mrgreen:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=501

A few crabs in this link.

Might be hard to tell between that and the red-tip, but either would be OK IMO.

Now, the more I pay attention (it's early), you say you've had the damsel for one week, but the tank for two months. Went thru "the cycle" yet??, with the ammonia and nitrite spikes, and then back to zero for both? Nitrate reading? Just wanna make sure you're ready for a crew.

That is my first choice to get clowns, but i have grown so attached to this little damsel I even named him "lucky" cause i had i fright last week when he went into the tank he was breathing rapidly and really didn't look good it was just a bit of stress but I think I stressed more them him ..lol

Back
Top Bottom