Cleaning Crew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Polecat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My 10G is ready for a cleaning crew. I have 10# LR, 10# LS mixed with aragonite sand for a 2" DSB. Using a HOB filter and an extra PH for circulation. Water looks great, tests good, 0 Ammonia and Nitrites, Nitrates are up a bit, water change helped that out.

I want some hermits to start cleaning up, how many are suggested for a tank this size?

I want to get the NO3 level down to nil before bringing any snails on. Is that necessary, or I am being too cautious?

You could probably get AT LEAST 6 or so in there.....ive got 4 in my 30 gal and i need a whole lot more! HTH! :D

My NO3 is always around 5-10 and my Nassarius snail population is exploding. Even with the hermits trying to keep them in check, what started as a population of 10 is now over 60. Some of the other snails (nerite) are stable in population.

some people love hermits, some hate them. They will eat whatever they can, and will go after larger snails for the shells.

You should read more posts here before deciding to get some. I'm still undecided about removing the ones I have. I have a combination of blue leg and scarlet leg and they do after each other on occasion.

Just my .02 worth.

Back
Top Bottom