Cleaning glass without scratching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I think my mag float keeps scratching my glass. Does anyone else have a problem with this? As far as I can tell, there is nothing (i.e. sand) between the magfloat and the glass. I was thinking maybe a razor blade on the end of a PVC pipe would clean without scratching. I just don't want any more scratches!

When is someone going to invent something that you can just wipe on the glass and no more scratches? :roll:

well if you want to stick your hand in the tank you can buy an aquarium sponge?

I have the same problem with my Mag Float also I have also used the razor blade it does work but the salt water rust the blade an you only get one use on it are that rust will scratch the glass. I thank that the snails when on the glass leave sand behind and it gets in the mag float. I wish they had something you could put on the glass to stop the stuff from growing on the glass. :wink:

What about that Kent Scraper? That may work for you...

The kent scraper works very well. however to only place I use it is about two inches from the subtrate to the substrate and the magfloat for the rest. After destroying a 55 because I cleaned that small area right of above the subrate with a magfloat I will never use one in that area again. But after using the scraper in that area and the magfloat in the rest have not had any more problems. HTH

Back
Top Bottom