cloudiness help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edwardclaxton

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Im new this saltwater tank is my first. Im excited but i have a problem with cloudiness. How I began: I setup everything where it needed to be. Added water to my aquarium next added instant ocean (salt). Mixed it to the best of my ability then I started pouring the live sand in. It began getting cloudy and hasnt cleared and its been prolly 8-12 hrs. After the sand wsa added it came with packets so i added those and a guy that I bought from a pet store said to also use this quick cycle stuff. This is as far as i have gotten due to the off white cloudiness. I have a heater in there also and its on. I also have a 125 pro clear wet/dry filter which is currently off because I didnt know if it would keep it cloudy due to water current? So any information about the cloudiness would be great and helpful

The cloudiness should clear up. Go ahead and run your filter which will help but you should clean it in a week or two. The "quick cycle" stuff doesn't work. You need to be patient and give you cycle plenty of time. I can take a month or 1-1/2 months to cycle well. Here is a very good article on cycling a tank. If you haven't read it, it would be very helpful to you.

While you are waiting for the tank to cycle, read all the threads you can on this site. You will learn a ton and it will make it that much more enjoyable when you can start adding fish and corals to your tank. Trust me, the research will pay off.

Cycle your salt tank

Back
Top Bottom