Cloudy tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan5

Aquarium Advice Regular
Its been three weeks and a half weeks since i started my tank up and it has been cloudy for about a week and a half now. I have my bak pak bio filter and my powerhead both running. On the back side of the tank there is like a white substance that is starting to stick to it also, I'm not sure what it is. Will the tank end it end up clearing up by itself or should I do something about it and if so what? And do you know what the substance might be?

The white substance on the back of your tank might be dead coralline algae if the tank has been used for SW. As for getting the tank to get less cloudy quicker, water changes might help with that. Normally sand causes water to be cloudy but since it has been up for a week I am not sure if that is a possibility.

Yea sorry i thought I attached the photos here they are

Attachments

• image-4254553807.jpg
    image-4254553807.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image-4047299694.jpg
    image-4047299694.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 82
I have no idea I would do a water change run charcoal/carbon for a few days and put some floss in your filters to try to clean it up.

You might try pointing the powerhead up some incase it is kicking some of your sand up. Is the tank cycled yet? Once the bacteria start really growing in the sand bed it becomes more "sticky" and you don't get so much sand flying around the tank.

I thought that was the case also so a few days ago I pointed my powerhead up more. And my ammonia is 0 but my nitrite is just above zero so very close to being done with cycling.

I thought that might be it so I pointed my powerhead more a few days ago. And it is almsot cylced my ammonia is 0 nitrate 0 nitrite .2.

As far the white thing on the back of your tank it looks to me to be water marks, just buff it out with a dry cloth. If that doesn't do the trick then it may be snail eggs or something.

Back
Top Bottom