Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-19-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Cloudy tank from adding sand.

I recently added sand (HD playsand, durascape) to my tank along with some live sand and it looks like milk. I even rinsed the sand before adding. I was wondering if if I put a couple of powerheads in it would it speed the clearing up process? The tank is only half full so I can't run the filtration system. I was going to wait until it cleared up to add my live rock which is pretty much dead now from storing it too long and then the rest of the water.

1brent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular
I added sand to my tank put 2 powerheads on and it cleared up in about 4-5 days, it takes awhile but it will clear up.

reeling reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:44 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just added sand to my tank and its really cloudy too.....i dont think turning on the powerheads would help though, wouldnt that just churn around the sand in the water that you want to settle to the bottom? anyways, im not turning on the powerhead or filter until the sand is completely settled, which after a day it almost is.
xkornstarx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hackteck
when i first setup my tank it was real cloudy for maybe a day or 2, then it cleared up i kept my ph running though
hackteck is offline   Reply With Quote

cloud, cloudy, sand, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com