Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tammylynn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I have had my tank going for about 4 months now, and have a few water problems.
I did not realize you had to cycle the tank and I just filled it and added fish :( .
Well I did lose some but not all.
I got all the right stuff to get it right ( or so I think) the chemical levels all seem to balance right now.
But now ( and I dont know if this is the same kind of problem) my water is cloudy and my filter gets very dirty in only 3 days.
My water was crystal clear on Sunday, I did a water change and cleaned it all out, now by last night it was already getting cloudy. I removed the filter today and put in a new one. The filter I took out was very dirty, why would that be? The water was very clear and now looks just dirty not green just dirty (brown). Any idea's as to why or how to fix it would be most welcome! :confused:

anything in your tank could make your water go cloudy.Got a picture to upload?this is you trying a salt water tank or tropical?if you added a fish into a new tank you got ages before you add fish in a salt water, so many steps you got to take

tell me what you got for your tank if its a salt water then me and others will help, and if its a tropical then its in the wrong section, What equipment do u have?

What do you mean by "cleaned it all out"? Did you tear the tank down, clean everything, set it back up, or did you get a gravel cleaner, clean the gravel, add fresh water (with conditioner)?

As for the filter, what kind are you using and what did you "remove"

What size tank? How many fish? Is it in direct sunlight?

Back
Top Bottom