Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elitehunter1

Aquarium Advice Activist
My water seems cloudy. All my parameters are accurate. I just finished a PWC . I am skeptical about "water clearing chemicals", I don't want any unnecessary chemicals in my tank. I just don't know one way or the other. I know PWC is recommended in this situation but are there other suggestions?

Pictures

Attachments

• image-3420951664.jpg
    image-3420951664.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image-4012097882.jpg
    image-4012097882.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 112
I cant see many fish in the photos, how bigs your tank and what fish do you have in it? It could be over stocked.

It's a 60 gallon tank. I have 3 damsels, 2 mollies, about 6 hermits; one rock crab, 5 snails and a starfish.

If acclimated properly, mollies can really be in FW, SW, and brackish. How old is this tank? Were any fish recently added? You could be going through a mini-cycle if the tank is fairly new and new fish were recently added. Another reason could be that your substrate was not thoroughly rinsed and you may have kicked up some dust. I do want to warn you that damsels don't do well with other species of damsels, so don't go mixing them or you will have a nasty outcome, this includes clowns.

Back
Top Bottom