cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceanlover10

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a tank up and running with fish and live sand....decided to add live rock...now water is cloudy...how and when will it go away

Once you add live rock to a tank it will cycle. Shoulda Pulitzer it in first then added livestock. You did it kinda backwards. Watch out for the ammonia spike it will most likely kill your livestock. :(

If the rock was cured you may be ok. Test your water daily for the next week and be ready for a pwc at the first sign of ammonia. Water should clear up in less than 24 hours.

Im getting really frustrated that my water still has a yellow tint to it. I even have one of those algone packets in my filter. Wat do I do. I want my water clear again

oceanlover10 said:
Im getting really frustrated that my water still has a yellow tint to it. I even have one of those algone packets in my filter. Wat do I do. I want my water clear again

Carbon.

You can buy carbon at any lfs or big petstore. It can add to cloudiness temporarily but will do well to clear up the water and get rid of the yellow tint.

You put it in you filter, depending on your setup you can put it in a reactor or just buy it in a pouch.

This hobby is goin to drive you mad :banghead: It will take a few days maybe even a week to clear

oceanlover10 said:
Ok I rinsed it off and put it in. When can I expect results

How are you using it? And yes it can take a few days depending on how its used.

You absolutely must have patience in this. I think you are trying to rush it and it's making it take much longer. Mine took two days to clear, but you just have to let things do what they have to do.

when you add the carbon to your filter it may be cloudy temporarily, but it will clear up. depending on what you have going on, it can take a day or a week, but you HAVE to be patient.

do you have any powerheads/pumps circulating the water?

Back
Top Bottom