cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It doesn't look like anything I googled but he said it was. He tested my water and said my salt was 1.030 my hydrometer says 1.026 without any bubbles he told me to remove 3 gal and add fresh and use 1.020 on my hydrometer .

I'm confused. What does he mean use 1.020?

Ok so I got home checked with my hydrometer it was reading just a hair over 26 so I'm pulling water out and putting fresh in so should I aim for 1.021? bought bio spira but not putting out I'm until I get salt right

Last edited:
What I was asking was the guy used a refractometer and said my water is 1.030 and my io hydrometer says just a hair over 1.026 so if I use my hydrometer and get my level down to 1.021 on my hydrometer then it should actually be 1.025 ? :)

I'll eventually buy a refractometer.

If I make up a 5 gallon bucket of salt water and let it mix with a pump for a few days how long will it stay good for if I put a lid on the bucket? Thought about going ahead and mixing, some just to have it

I'll eventually buy a refractometer.

If I make up a 5 gallon bucket of salt water and let it mix with a pump for a few days how long will it stay good for if I put a lid on the bucket? Thought about going ahead and mixing, some just to have it

I'd say a few days at the most. You wanna keep a pump going in it to keep it mixing. I've kept buckets for about a week. Before using it though I'd throw a power head and heater in and let it go for hours then add to my tank.

Ok I will wait then. The bio spira made, my tank cloudy :-(
Hey get this the person at a petco told me you can cycle a saltwater tank with a molly and you can acclimate one to saltwater in 15 min lmfao

Really lol. I would have never guessed that one. Probably not a good idea anyway. Don't stress it.

The bio will make your tank cloudy. That's suppose to be the bacteria.

Yeah apparently the molly can live in fresh brackish or salt lol. In the wild I guess the tide floods where they are with salt so they are constantly going thru different types of water lol

Wow!!! A petco employee that knows her stuff. I'm impressed. They need to keep her.

Back
Top Bottom