cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well will the brittle star and the mystery xenia thing live thru it?

Are there any hermits I don't need to get when I do get them?

They should be fine during the cycle. They were there from the start. It happens. You'll find hitchhikers. Not much you can do. Leave them be.

I'd stick with blue legged, red legged and the orange legged ones.

I was just wondering I was, looking them up on live aquaria.
I want a banded coral shrimp but I read they will kill other shrimp?
I was thinking a, pistol and a banded? And the hawkish gets 6 in long? I think I looked the right one up I'm not sure and the pistol shrimp is under snapping shrimp right?

I think I've figured out what all my hitchhikers are except for the little white things that stick up all over the place at night

I wish the brittle start would come out of his hole all the way his legs are at least 2" long

I was just wondering I was, looking them up on live aquaria.
I want a banded coral shrimp but I read they will kill other shrimp?
I was thinking a, pistol and a banded? And the hawkish gets 6 in long? I think I looked the right one up I'm not sure and the pistol shrimp is under snapping shrimp right?

My pistol shrimp doesn't make a sound but yes other heat there. I'm not about the banded shrimp but I believe you have to be careful if your going to house other shrimp with him.

I don't think my hawkfish gets that big. 6" is pretty big for my 29 gallon tank lol.

I think I've figured out what all my hitchhikers are except for the little white things that stick up all over the place at night

I wish the brittle start would come out of his hole all the way his legs are at least 2" long

That is about all you'll see of the brittle star. I've been watching mine for months now. They will stick their legs out at night and feeding time. I would also only stick with blue, red and Orange legged hermits.

I was just going by what live aquaria had a googled orange and white hawkfish and I came up with arc eye. I will stay away from banded shrimp then :-( I thought they were cool though. Found part of my lr is turning brown rust colored that normal. Also, find a real tiny tube stretching out grabbing then sucking back in?

I was just going by what live aquaria had a googled orange and white hawkfish and I came up with arc eye. I will stay away from banded shrimp then :-( I thought they were cool though. Found part of my lr is turning brown rust colored that normal. Also, find a real tiny tube stretching out grabbing then sucking back in?

Yea that's normal. It's called diatoms.

Google bristle worms (good) and fire worms (bad). They both are common hitch hikers.

Google bristle worms (good) and fire worms (bad). They both are common hitch hikers.

Norther of those this thing is like a small round tube that stretches out opens up then sucks back in. And the little white things are little round thread like things I really wish I could get a pic as soon as any light his them they go back in the rock
I just wanna make sure I have nothing bad. I'm kinda ocd sometimes I want to know exactly what I have lol

Ok stocking list for a 36 gallon:
2 - occ clownfish
1 - orange spotted goby
1 - six line wrasse
2 - spotted cardinal fish
1 - pistol shrimp
1 - ? Shrimp ?
1 - ? peaceful fish ?

cuc:
25 dwarf ceriths
7 nassarius
8 Florida ceriths
4 large & 4 small-medium nerites
9 assorted hermits

Ordering the cuc from reef cleaners and this was the best package I could get that had free shipping

Fill in the blank on the ? Shrimp and fish

Most stuff you find on your LR is beneficial, some of the bad stuff are aiptasia, glass anemone, mojano and fire worms. I'm sure there are more but these are most common. Most everything else is beneficial.

Ok stocking list for a 36 gallon:
2 - occ clownfish
1 - orange spotted goby
1 - six line wrasse
2 - spotted cardinal fish
1 - pistol shrimp
1 - ? Shrimp ?
1 - ? peaceful fish ?

cuc:
25 dwarf ceriths
7 nassarius
8 Florida ceriths
4 large & 4 small-medium nerites
9 assorted hermits

Ordering the cuc from reef cleaners and this was the best package I could get that had free shipping

Fill in the blank on the ? Shrimp and fish

I'd do that list :)

I have a yellow watchman goby and a citron goby and they get along just fine. Citron stays high in the tank yw goby stays on the bottom.

Citron actually eats out of my hand when I feed them flake food. Very cool and social fish.

Back
Top Bottom