cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry to hear about the layoff deal. Job market is not good. Your reef is an endless source of entertainment. It will continue to grow and evolve. Wait till you start adding corals and watch them feed. Just saw my Australian Acan eat a piece of shrimp this morning. I sat in amazement!

There was a real small clear evil termite bug looking thing floating around the water I tried to get it out but the powerhead got him. my nitrites are sky high guess he didn't make it :-(

Did it look like this? If it did its a Cirolanid, bad. They attach to fish and suck their blood like a tick. I trapped mine with a water bottle that I cut the top off of and inverted inside it. Cut a 1/4 inch hole in the plastic cap. Put a piece of frozen shrimp and latex it on its side on the bottom of the tank. Built a sand ramp up to the opening. Presto, no more Cirolanids.

ForumRunner_20130124_143637.jpg

Ok I put the legs on the light. One of the fans stopped working so I removed it and I'm gonna go to radio shack and find something that will work.

The legs are cracked the pieces of plastic that keep them from moving is cracked on 3 of them. I tightened the crap out of em so we will see

ForumRunner_20130124_193202.jpg

FedEx says Jan 30. I've got a freshwater test kit which is the same I just don't have the saltwater color cards to go by. I found pics of them but it isn't perfect but better than nothing

Back
Top Bottom