cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well according to AC my hydrometer is off by 4 so if I'm getting a reading of 1.022 it is actually 1.026 correct so why would I be off by 4

well according to AC my hydrometer is off by 4 so if I'm getting a reading of 1.022 it is actually 1.026 correct so why would I be off by 4

You misread my comment. Pull out just OVER 4gal. Put in your 4gal of salt water. Top off with straight distilled to bring it down closer to 1.024. At 1.026 you will be 2 points high.

Everyone I have talked to has said 1.024. Heck I hope I don't have the wrong target specific gravity. Anyone care to clarify please?

8 or 8.2 and that was straight distilled water. I went ahead and done a 4 gallon water change and I pulled about a half gallon more and added fresh. Got 4 more mixing. :)

How quick does the Marine buffer work? Cause I guess I'm going to AC Tuesday or Wednesday when I get paid and getting a pair of clowns

Ok nitrate still 20 after a 4 gallon change maybe the 4 gallon I'm gonna do tomorrow will lower it
I hope out of 12 gallons of distilled water I bought from Walmart after tomorrows change I'll only have a gallon left

How quick does the Marine buffer work? Cause I guess I'm going to AC Tuesday or Wednesday when I get paid and getting a pair of clowns

Ok nitrate still 20 after a 4 gallon change maybe the 4 gallon I'm gonna do tomorrow will lower it
I hope out of 12 gallons of distilled water I bought from Walmart after tomorrows change I'll only have a gallon left

Buffer will work instantly, you may have to buffer a few times until it stabilizes. Your nitrate at 20 is not bad. Weekly water changes will keep that in check.

So I keep putting buffer in it until I get to 8.2 then I add the fish correct then when I make water up I buffer the bucket to get to 8.2 then do water change correct

So I keep putting buffer in it until I get to 8.2 then I add the fish correct then when I make water up I buffer the bucket to get to 8.2 then do water change correct

Imo I would buffer every other day in the tank. I wouldn't buffer in the bucket. Your salt mix should bring it up some. Best to add your salt water then let your tank run for 15min or so to mix the new water. Then test to see where you are. My tank fluctuates from 7.8 to 8.2. Too much of a fluctuation one way or the other is what's most harmful. In short - gradual is best. You could add fish without it being right on 8.2

Back
Top Bottom