cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah like I said when the lights, came on that's how it looked. The polys came out but it never got as big as it was then all of a sudden it done it again

Strange. Don't know why one side is fine and the other is retracted. Just watch it, I would hope in a couple days it would be fine.

Ok found a dead crab flaying around the water. Looks like he, was ripped out of his shell :-(

ForumRunner_20130203_205838.jpg

The part in the shell still moves :-(
Bye bye

What would have done this

You sure the crab didn't just molt? A bigger hermit could have done it. I suspected a brittle star of doing that same thing to one of mine.

I'm sad now. If I catch my brittle star killing my crabs he's gonna be missing a few legs

Its shell was off in the back for a while then I seen something floating around and my clowns were messing with and it was his claw half

I don't know I don't see the brittle stars messing with them or the snails.I do worry about my mussels getting the crabs though

I don't know I don't see the brittle stars messing with them or the snails.I do worry about my mussels getting the crabs though

They will snap shut before the crab gets inside the shell. Technically the crabs are the predator and the mussels are the meal, if they get inside the shell.

Yeah I just didn't figure one would get killed and I didn't even have it a week.

I'm sorry, don't get down though. Your not putting things in the tank that aren't compatible. Your doing it right. Your on this forum asking questions and doing your research.

I've lost my share of fish, crabs, shrimp and even a coral. It sucks when you loose something, for sure. especially when It's no fault of your own. Cheer up buddy.

I found 1" frags of pulsing xenia for $5
And 2" frags of cabbage leather for $5
Think I should get them?

Great price on frags, will they be shipped? I've never had any livestock shipped. I know a lot of people get their coral that way. I lost my pulsating xenia because my alkalinity got too high, reef code B mishap early on. (Learning experience). Just ask whoever your getting it from if it has any guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom