cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great price on frags, will they be shipped? I've never had any livestock shipped. I know a lot of people get their coral that way. I lost my pulsating xenia because my alkalinity got too high, reef code B mishap early on. (Learning experience). Just ask whoever your getting it from if it has any guarantee.

No I have to drive to Hendersonville

That's not bad, bit of a drive for ya. As long as its packaged properly so it doesn't cool off too much it should be fine. When does your master test kit arrive?

Yeah it isn't much further than Nashville. Would be better than driving to AC and paying 20 each. I figured if I do get them I will buy 2 of each.

Here is my coral this morning

ForumRunner_20130204_063719.jpg

The big part was bigger and the polyps were out and the finger was shriveled but it woke up quick

Yeah it isn't much further than Nashville. Would be better than driving to AC and paying 20 each. I figured if I do get them I will buy 2 of each.

That will give you a good start to your corals, I liked my pulsating xenia, It's kind of sensitive to alkalinity fluctuation, as I found out the hard way.

My leather coral is retarded lol. One minute he is fine next he shrivels up sometimes its both pieces sometimes it just one or the other

Tony, figured I would get off your thread lol. So if my kh is high then what, low then what, same questions for calcium I know absolutely nothing about either

Tony, figured I would get off your thread lol. So if my kh is high then what, low then what, same questions for calcium I know absolutely nothing about either

Water changes if KH is too high.
Add reef code B if KH too low.
Typically your calcium won't get too high (unless you overdose) but a pwc would bring it down.
To bring calcium up add reef code A.corals and inverts will use calcium so that's the one that fluctuates.

I would recommend it. I don't adjust KH much, mine stays pretty stable. Every now and then it needs a dose of code B.
Calcium and PH are the 2, I find myself adjusting most.

Back
Top Bottom