cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clark4feathers

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank that has been cycling for almost 8 weeks. was looking real good, testing the water often. Water was very clear. Now the water is cloudy. not real cloudy but cloudy then a few days ago. Any idea what happened? no fish in it was of yet. Had problems with the tank and the manufacture is replacing. Kept the tank going because of the live rock and sand until the new tank is delivered. Dropping pellets of food couple times a week to keep the water in check.

ForumRunner_20130826_211028.jpg recent water test after ammonia spike, nitrates ane nitrate spike also

Your nitrates appear to be 0. How are you getting them out? Normally there is a residual nitrate level after the cycle (often up to 100ppm). If your doing large water changes I'd suspect the coudiness is from the carbonates in the water, but that would go away in a few hours normally. Anyhow...nitrates, where did they go?

nitrates

It could be because I set up a small refugium in the overflow with cheato and a a submirsible light for it to grow. Maybe that is why. I pulled some from my refugium in the old tank. I wanted to try and salvage some pods for the new tank. Seahorses are going in it.:brows:

Back
Top Bottom