Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amphibianboy528

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 25 gallon tank holding 2 mollies,2 damselfish,2cardinal fish,1 clownfish,1 lawnmower blenny,and 1 hermit crab.I have had this tank set-up since my 45 gallon cracked.I used the same water and sand from the 45 gallon tank.Ever since,the water won't go clear.I have two filters in there now.1 Aqua-Tech 10-20 gallon filter and one of those corner filter and it still won't clear.Help me please :(

How long has the cloudiness lasted?
How soon after the swicth did it develop?
Is your filtration sufficient for a saltwater tank with that sort of bioload? Jeff

well the cloudyness has been there since I moved the fish in.I think to was the sand but I don't know.It said on the filter cover that it would fiter up to 20 gallons of water.

If it came from one tank to another and it is the sand, it should take about a day, if that, to settle down. At least thats what I expeirenced with mine.

well when I took the sand out all this gunky stuff came out and it made the water cloudy and one of my percula clowns has marine ick and I don't know what to do and I don't have a quarantine! :(

Ack! You say you have them in a 25? What are the chances of you being able to invest in a new tank? Would you be able to do so with in a few weeks? Because I would say QT him in the tank you have them in. Chances are you're other fish might have it too, especially since clowns are usually the more hardy fish. I would say try hyposalinity...I had mine at 1.019. Also, you may ended up needing to use copper. But right off the bat if you haven't bought anything, I would reccomend cuprumine and Seachem multitest for copper, because it was reccomended to me. I remember I spent my last pennies once (and I mean pennies!) QTin' my clown and manderin, and I still have em today.

Also, after reading other posts, I realize now for hyposalinty you need to go much lower. Can someone w/ more expeirence of this method help him?

.009 for a 4 week treatment. Needs to be measured with a refractometer. Watch the PH, it can and may do funky things.
HTH :)

Back
Top Bottom