Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-29-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to amphibianboy528
Cloudy Water

I have a 25 gallon tank holding 2 mollies,2 damselfish,2cardinal fish,1 clownfish,1 lawnmower blenny,and 1 hermit crab.I have had this tank set-up since my 45 gallon cracked.I used the same water and sand from the 45 gallon tank.Ever since,the water won't go clear.I have two filters in there now.1 Aqua-Tech 10-20 gallon filter and one of those corner filter and it still won't clear.Help me please

Old 10-29-2004, 06:21 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How long has the cloudiness lasted?
How soon after the swicth did it develop?
Is your filtration sufficient for a saltwater tank with that sort of bioload? Jeff

Old 10-29-2004, 07:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

well the cloudyness has been there since I moved the fish in.I think to was the sand but I don't know.It said on the filter cover that it would fiter up to 20 gallons of water.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:28 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

what are you water readings??? Amm??

TANK PICS http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=98202
seaham358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

well they are all fine but I think the couldy ness is coused by the sand.
Old 10-30-2004, 01:30 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If it came from one tank to another and it is the sand, it should take about a day, if that, to settle down. At least thats what I expeirenced with mine.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 01:54 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

well when I took the sand out all this gunky stuff came out and it made the water cloudy and one of my percula clowns has marine ick and I don't know what to do and I don't have a quarantine!
Old 10-30-2004, 02:07 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ack! You say you have them in a 25? What are the chances of you being able to invest in a new tank? Would you be able to do so with in a few weeks? Because I would say QT him in the tank you have them in. Chances are you're other fish might have it too, especially since clowns are usually the more hardy fish. I would say try hyposalinity...I had mine at 1.019. Also, you may ended up needing to use copper. But right off the bat if you haven't bought anything, I would reccomend cuprumine and Seachem multitest for copper, because it was reccomended to me. I remember I spent my last pennies once (and I mean pennies!) QTin' my clown and manderin, and I still have em today.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 10-30-2004, 02:09 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Sorry, I was so wooried about my clown when it happened to him (my favorite). But you can beat this!

Old 10-30-2004, 02:17 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Also, after reading other posts, I realize now for hyposalinty you need to go much lower. Can someone w/ more expeirence of this method help him?

Tags
cloud, cloudy, cloudy water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com