Cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank has developed cloudy water. The funny thing is that the main AND the qt both have gotten cloudy. :?

I checked the water levels (ammonia, nitrite, ph, salinity, ect...) and all is well.

Anybody?? :?

have you checked your RO/DI unit filters recently? i know that if you try to mix salt with water with metals in it a precipitate forms... could there be a chance that your filters are old, that your city has changed the additives, that old pipes are leeching, etc?

since its both tanks, i would assume it is a result of the water you are adding...

HTH

Well as far as the ro unit, and old pipes, additives and such here it is.

Don't stone me, but in 8 months of owning my tank, I have used tap water. Not because I dont think I need a ro unit, but because I didnt know about all that at first, and I have neglected to get one. This is the first such cloudiness, I have had in the tank at all. I did add water to both the tanks recently.

The pipes are not old the house is only 2yrs old.

Additives?????

I did windex the main the other day, but just the main. And I always spray away from the tank, directly onto the towel, then wipe. I am very careful with that.

According to the questions it seems that I have a tap water issue all the sudden. What do you suggest I do??

Thanks. :wink:

i would either start buying RO/DI water from LFS or walmart, or invest in one yourself. i really think you have some metals in there, and if those build up they could be toxic to your fish. is it a well or city water?

and i wont stone you, i only recently started getting RO/DI water for my tank :wink: i get mine from a chem lab, so i know that the filters are changed regularly, if you get the water from the LFS or walmart or the like, make sure their filters are regularly changed- they should have a matinece schedule.

HTH good luck

I didnt have to run carbon or do anything. The cloudiness is gone....hmmm... :wink:

OH well thats good! :D

Back
Top Bottom