Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I started my 80-Gal tank Wednesday and after I put salt and LS in tank it took about 5 hours to clear up. Thursday I noticed that the water was starting to get a little cloudy, but also noticed the powerhead was pointing down in the LS and moved it. Today water is still just as cloudy, I know that it may take up to a few weeks for everything to settle down. But I am concerned the fact that the water became clear shortly after LS and salt was added and then becomming cloudy that there may be another problem.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Chris

you must give your tank a little more time to clear up the salt needs time to dissolve fully into the water and sand is rather cloudy so it should clear up in a week or less.

what is the general color of the cloudiness? If it is whiteish, it is quite likely just debree from the sand, give it a few days and it should clear up.

if the cloudiness is greenish in color you may have a suspended algae bloom. Turn off your lights, and do a water change. Hopefuly you're using RO water? If you're using tap water this could be contributing to an algae bloom.

let us know.

I am using RO water, and it is defiantly a white cloud, like smoke almost. The light have not been on since I put water in it.

Back
Top Bottom