Cloudy Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ercfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just started setting up my tank and added sand to tank 2 days ago and water is very cloudy, almost a milky white. I am guessing I did not rinse the sand well enough, and was wondering if there was anything I could do to clear tank up?

I got a filter that fits on PH, think it is a 1 micron filter, but water does not seem to be any clearer. Will this "dust" just settle by itself, or will i have to filter it out.

The tank still being quite new, the "dust" is not really an issue. Just leave it be and it will settle on it's own in time once the necessary baceria is introduced and starts colonizing the surfaces of the sand and such. Might look a little disheartening at the moment but will not hamper your efforts in the least. :D

Cheers
Steve

Try a home improvement warehouse and look for some thing called a sediment filter. It is used in water purification it should cost you $14.99 For the filter you will also need tubing, adapters to adapt the line from the filter to the tubing and a water pump it cost me a total of about $89 for every thing on the list.

Fyi you can use an inline or submersible pump. Recommend 180-gph or higher 8O

Back
Top Bottom