cloudy water what can i do to fix it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jay.lisa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just set up my 38 gallon saltwater tank I have another 38 gallon tank I am using as my sump I filled the tank and added salt first it was fine last night but now its very cloudy I added sand today what could be my problem someone please help

The cloudiness is most likely due to not rinsing the sand before you added it. If you didn't rinse the sand, it will be cloudy for a few days.

Another note is salt. When mixing salt, you should mix the saltwater in a separate container and then add it to the tank. You should be okay for now, but in the future, especially once you have living things, it will be much easier to mix outside the tank. This will also be easier to check salinity and ensure it doesn't get too high while mixing.

The cloudiness is most likely due to not rinsing the sand before you added it. If you didn't rinse the sand, it will be cloudy for a few days.

Another note is salt. When mixing salt, you should mix the saltwater in a separate container and then add it to the tank. You should be okay for now, but in the future, especially once you have living things, it will be much easier to mix outside the tank. This will also be easier to check salinity and ensure it doesn't get too high while mixing.

+1 to what TLTGF said. What kind of sand did you add to your tank? Either way it should clear up in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom