Clown fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
K for my birthday my family is going to get me a big tank. So i want to take my 20gal and put and aninome (sorry cant spell, think of finding nemo lol) and 2 clown fish in it ant tips?

Most anemones require high light, and an established aquarium (about six months for a rule of thumb).

Also, keep in mind that anemones have a mind of their own, and will move all about the aquarium if they want to (could get sucked up by power heads).

Happy Birthday by the way!

redsea said:
Most anemones require high light, and an established aquarium (about six months for a rule of thumb).

Also, keep in mind that anemones have a mind of their own, and will move all about the aquarium if they want to (could get sucked up by power heads).

Thanks my birthday is in a few weeks ill remember that abd just get the fish to start or do i want somthing else and then the fish and anemone (found out how to spell it) at the same time so they can help eatch other and any ideas on other saltwater fish or anemones

redsea said:

I had a green bubble tip anemone wander my tank for about a week and it ended up getting to close to the overflow and some tentacles ended up getting stuck in the slots for the overflow. I had to turn off the pumps and carefully massage it's foot for what seemed like forever to get him off the glass without tearing its foot. Its been several months since and he's stayed put on a rock and is very healthy.

Ok with that said I think that bta's are the easiest to care for. I don't know off the top of my head but look at what kind of clown fish naturally live in that type of nem. Still no guarantee that the nem will host the clown fish. Also try to get an already mated pair if you want two, clown fish will often fight with their own kind.

Also, I agree, you need a strong light and a stable tank. Wait several months of not having any problems or spikes in the tank chemistry.

For other fish it depends on how big of a tank your getting. One of my favorite places to do research is liveaquaria.com

Back
Top Bottom