Clown fish acting weird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Degonese

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 2 tomato clown fish, one 2" long and the other is about an inch. Now, I've researched online and I know that female clown fish are bigger. The clown fish that's bigger has been flaring up his fins on his back and has been agressive to the other clown fish and the sailfin tang I have in there as well. That hasn't bother me, but here's the weird part. Just recently I put small blue legged hermit crabs in the tank. Which the bigger clown fish has left alone until they get to where her resting spot is in the corner of the tank. She did this right in front of me. She picked up the hermit crab through him towards the middle of the tank. I didn't think tomato clown fish were agressive like that. Is it becuase she's getting ready to lay eggs? Or is it because it's her territory in the tank and she's defending it?

it's her territory in the tank and she's defending it.
Normal...
TC

I agree with TC. They are very territorial and very aggressive. I have one that is 11 yrs old.

Back
Top Bottom