Clown fish host

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossij101

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just bought my first coral I was hoping my clownfish would host it what do you think my chances are,I know it should be anomie!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Sorry forgot pics!!

Attachments

• image-2978632832.jpg
    image-2978632832.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2109262840.jpg
    image-2109262840.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2368761381.jpg
    image-2368761381.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2099227677.jpg
    image-2099227677.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image-3940718165.jpg
    image-3940718165.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 80
Couple of things. Anenome is the spelling. What is that, a leather of some kind?

Whatever it is, I doubt he'll host it so close to the lights.

Ok anemone, you get what I mean! Thanks jedatron qt so too close to lights you think I only have White and red twin t5s at the moment!! I didn't want the coral starved of light you see. You think he will be better of further down the rock??

Bettababe -Got me!!! Still, I was closer than anomie. :) :) Yeah, we knew what you meant Rossij101. Just had to tug on you a bit. :) I was so anxious to do that, and mispelled the word again anyway. Me and my glass house, huh?

Always start coral lower and move them up. Do you know what it is?

Last edited:
It's hard to spell things. Especially when they have to deal with fish.

Courtesy of Dakota's iPod.

So you think I should move him now?? I was told it was a soft coral a mushroom coral of some sort??? I was limited because of my lighting.

A fake one would work and then you wouldn't have to worry about lighting needs. eBay has them. My clown found a host Frogspawn but it wasn't immediate.

trackfast said:
A fake one would work and then you wouldn't have to worry about lighting needs. eBay has them. My clown found a host Frogspawn but it wasn't immediate.

Thanks for that trackfast but I'm planning on upgrading my lights and would much prefer real!

If you wanted something real, I would go with a coral or anemone with tentacles. I would think the swaying motion is attractive to them. This is just my guess.

This one does sway a little and has small tenticals! But that sounds like good advise thanks! Do you think he needs moving a little further down?

Attachments

• image-3104697230.jpg
    image-3104697230.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 103
I don't know about the corals, but I thought I should comment and say that you have a gorgeous tank set up. Is that a valentini puffer? Your clownfish look awesome.

I personally dont think it will host the toadstool. As far as frogspawn I dont think you want that either as the clown will probably damage one of the heads thus causing the brown jelly disease. I`ve had mine host hammer coral, bubble coral, mushrooms.

100_1358.JPG

100_1013.JPG

100_0638.JPG

Back
Top Bottom