Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist
2 yellow tail damsels
1 4 stripe damsel
1 six line wrasse
1 tomato clown
1 sea urchin
1 snail

Currently in the 29 there are 2 snails and a hermit crab.

I feel like adding all those critters at once is going to shock the small tank so I don't know if they would gain anything. Wouldn't itjust cause another mini cycle in the small tank? They'd be coming out of one crappy tank and out into another.

If I put them all in buckets and then cleaned the big tank and put them back in the clean tank would that be better?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yeah, putting them all in at once may break the biological filtration. Why don't you set up an QT and put them in there?!

55g Reef Build
Macscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict
There at various bacteria in a bottle products you can purchase and dump in the old tank to help with the cycle.
Dav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict
I believe Prime neutralizes ammonia and nitrites (or makes them less toxic ). That could help too.

In a cycled tank, unless ammonia is being added, that and the trites should be processed into trates within a day or two. Are all fish accounted for?

TheTodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com