Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to Aquarium Advice :!: :mrgreen:

as far as what is "best" I think will be purely personal opinion. Go with what strike's you as mesmorizing. Pick up a species book and flip through, find one that peaks your interest.

I guess you best bets are the false and true percula clowns havent had any luck with the maroons :(

Well, if you are going for cute, i would probably do the True or False Perculas. I would get a False however because they are less expensive and look very, very similiar.

Due to the nature of clowns, I would not recommend you try them in a species tank, most species will hound the others until they die. If your looking to do one species, the same holds true, no more than a pair, the dominant pair will pick at the subs until they are stressed to the point of death.

Anyone thinking of getting clownfish (or even who already have them) should read Joyce Wilkerson's book titled "Clownfishes" -- it's the best guide to caring for them that is out there.

Back
Top Bottom