Clownfish and anenomes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My maroons started hosting them randomly. A good way to do it is see where your clowns stay and sleep, then put your anemone there and hope it doesn't move lol

My clowns sleep at the top of the tank and the anemone settled in the middle of the tank and I don't want to try and move it. Is there any other way to get the clowns to know that the anemone is there?

Some clowns are tank raised so they have never even seen a nem before so they really aren't sure what to do with it so it can take them a while to host or sometimes they just won't

It's hit or miss with clowns and nems, they may take months to host or never host at all. :-(

There's really no solid way to "make" them host, sorry...

Why is everyone so interested in hosting? I hope my future clowns won't host I'd rather them be swimming all over the tank than sticking to one area, my friends clowns don't host an they swim in an put of all the rock so much more fun than watching them rub against a nem :)

Mjpendrey said:
Why is everyone so interested in hosting? I hope my future clowns won't host I'd rather them be swimming all over the tank than sticking to one area, my friends clowns don't host an they swim in an put of all the rock so much more fun than watching them rub against a nem :)

I agree with you.I had clowns with anemone in my previous tank and all they did was hang out in the anemone,and I constantly worried about the anemone dying.In my present 75 gallon reef I have two ORA misbar black clowns that swim all over the tank separately and mainly just pair up at night.
My wife wouldn't let me get another anemone even if I wanted to.
I think every one of us has to do the anemone thing at least once I guess.

Back
Top Bottom