Clownfish Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lately I have been noticing both of my Clowns are now Hosting the RBTA. But i am kind of scratching my head about it. Now for some reason the larger Clown is now on Look out and the Smaller Clown it hosting? Is there still a change between sex that one will still be dominate over the other even thou the larger one should be Hosting? I have know clue just thought I get some insight on it....

Let me know

well in my short experence with my clowns my smaller one seems to take any hosting spots my larger one takes... luckily one seems to be sticking around the bubble and the other around the hammer...

honestly clownfish are one of the strangest animals i personally have ever worked with (and thats quite the list). .. personally i think they sit in there all day just thinking of different ways to confuse us

-Brad

LOL... That's so true and Funny too... :D

well in my short experence with my clowns my smaller one seems to take any hosting spots my larger one takes... luckily one seems to be sticking around the bubble and the other around the hammer...

honestly clownfish are one of the strangest animals i personally have ever worked with (and thats quite the list). .. personally i think they sit in there all day just thinking of different ways to confuse us

-Brad

Sounds like normal behavior to me. I have 2 pairs of clowns, one pair is mated and lay eggs every 11-13 days and the other are just paired up. The mated pair exhibit the same behavior you mentioned. The male (small clown) stays in the host (frogspawn for me) while the female (larger clown) cruises around checking things out.

The other pair that are not mated do the exact opposite. Whether their behavior will change when they lay eggs or not I don't know but I will let you know when and if it happens.

Back
Top Bottom