Clownfish care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JAKEPIN

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,

So i picked up 2 percula clownfish at my lfs. They seem to be a bonded pair cuz they are taking care of each other and one is larger than another. What kind of food should i feed them? I have mysis shrimp cubes from san francisco and co
And i have cobalt brine flakes that i feed my chromis. Heres a pic. Thanks

image-1243307247.jpg

Ok thx. I am brand new to reef fish, i used to keep puffers and triggers for some time. I hae them with 5 green chromis. Btw, what other fish would go good with them? I am thinking of a yellow tang, watchman goby, royal gramma, etc. i have a 100 gallon so size isnt a big concern

All of those should be okay. I've got 2 clowns, yellow tang, starry blenny, bang cardinal and a longnose butterfly......all friendly.

Ok. Is it possible to have 3 tangs in a 100? Just a thought, but i was thinking a blue, convict, and a yellow. Would that work in a

Ok. Is it possible to have 3 tangs in a 100? Just a thought, but i was thinking a blue, convict, and a yellow. Would that work in a

I would only do a yellow in a 100, and that may be pushing it.

Look into tomini or kole tangs, theyre perfect for that size

Ok. Thx. Does anyone have experience in breeding them?

I was just making sure because I don't think tangs breed in the aquarium lol. I have no experience raising clownfish fry but I've heard it's actually pretty difficult.

Ok. Actually, i heard of coral magazine that a company is almost able to breed blue tangs. Exciting stuff!

I know! They were collecting the eggs from discovery cove in florida. They got them to be a couple of weeks old.

Hey guys,

An update on the perculas, they are eating the mysis shrimp and are very happy in the 100 gallon. Heres another pic. Thx for all the help

image-963839824.jpg

Back
Top Bottom