clownfish hammering my tube worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hawksview

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
one of my clown fish has decided to pick on my tube worm.Every time he fans out as soon as the clown sees him he comes over and beats on him.
This is something that has just started recently and it is only one of my clowns that is doing it and it seems to only happen when the lights are on.The other clown doesnt bother him at all.The tube worm has been in there for a year and the clowns have been in there for a few months now.Im just worried they will kill it if it keeps up.Any suggestions?

Is the clown attacking or is it adopting the duster as a host? If it is attacking, the duster will probably drop it's crown and slowly die of starvation, if the clown is adopting it, the duster may get used to the clowns attention and stay open.

I read about that someplace and they said eventually the duster learned to accept the clown.

Im going to watch for awhile and see what happens here.Im not sure how the clown would approach if it was trying to look for a host but he seems to be coming in with his mouth first.I will report back later to let you know how it is going.I really hope it is trying to host. :(

Back
Top Bottom