Clownfish in my new 60 gallon tax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maneela3

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone my tank was cycled for 7 weeks n finally after testing water I brought s pair of clownfish. It's been 3 days But I think I am in trouble both of them r staying at the corner of the tank one of them is jus lying on the sand n other one beside it... I can see it's fins moving not dead yet but I think it's gonna die.... What is the cause..... ??? Pls help.. I tested ammonia it's fine......

This is normal clown behavior. I think clowns ALWAYS host the top right corner of a tank at first. Also, the lying on the sand bed sounds like one of the clownfish is turning into s female, which is good.

My clowns immediately went down to the middle right side. they still have stayed there for a long while. They are fine :)

Thanks guys feels more better.... Hopefully it's jus normal but any of your nemos has popped eyes??? One thats lying on ground has popped eyes....

slitherbomb said:
This is normal clown behavior. I think clowns ALWAYS host the top right corner of a tank at first. Also, the lying on the sand bed sounds like one of the clownfish is turning into s female, which is good.

Hey r u there...

Hey friends I hav new problem here one of my clownfish has lil white spot on it's body does that effect them???? N other one is still lying on the sand moving it's fins n not eating anything... I dint have hope of it's survival... Is there anything I can do!? Or let it happens what happens???? Plsssssssssssssss help...

Sounds like the fish has ich. You can treat ich but it is best done in a qt.

Back
Top Bottom