Clownfish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishDaAx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello guys. I am new to saltwater and I just set up a 14g nano. Live sand, and live rock(cured) and a clownfish. Now I know that it takes time for a fish to start eating but I was wonder if there is a time when I should start to worry. I acclimated him with a drip line for an hour before I put him in. He has only been in for a day so I am not expecting much today but should he start to eat within the next couple days or so?

Here is my set up

image-3399285689.jpg

Try some live brine or frozen mysis shrimp that will get him going. Variety of food is good also frozen will last awhile to.

It's hard for me to tell scale in the pic, but if he's really small, you'll need some tiny food like frozen cyclopeeze. If he's average size, not a big deal. When my clown was tiny, that was all he would eat.

:( he just died.. I kind of knee he might but I was hoping that the stress of all the moving around didn't do too much damage. :/

Did you cycle the tank?

No... The guy I bought the tank from gave me the clown as like a gift... I knew that the chances were slim but I have done fish in cycles with freshwater tanks so I thought I would try. I am new to saltwater but this is my 5th tank so I know a little something about fish keeping

Back
Top Bottom