Clownfish: What do you feed them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Primarily flake food of different varieties and once or twice a month they (all fish) get some fortified mysis.

Cheers
Steve

2 different types of flakes and brine shrimp.

Lol my old mans got 2 that hes been feeding some freshwater tropical flakes to. They seem to like it though, theyll eat right out of his hands.

What to feed your clown.

I have three clown fish and I feed them Brine shrimp and flake! They seem to enjoy it. :D [/b]

well i have 2 clownfish...and it seems like they spit out about 85 % of the food out ...i been feeding them flakes and brine shrimp...its been a week now since purchased

I've had a pair of percula clowns for a couple years now. I feed them frozen mysis shrimp -- they seem to prefer the p. energetics brand over the gamma brand, even though I recently tried the gamma brand because the pieces are smaller (they leave any shrimp pieces that are too large), but they prefer the p. energetics between the two. All told though, they actually seem to prefer flake food. So now I feed a mix between the two (mysis shrimp and flake) because the LFS people told me that the shrimp has more/better protein. They won't go near the pellet food that I tried.

Anytime I introduce a food that they don't like they just look at me like I'm an idiot. There was another thread on here about feeding time/memory. My pair get fed at 9pm every night and they are bobbing at the front of the tank like clockwork every time.

Back
Top Bottom