Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-07-2003, 08:01 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Send a message via MSN to zee1005
clownfishes and tangs

i've just gotten started in keeping marine fishes and i was wondering if it's advisable to keep a common clownfish with a blue tang and a yellow tang?

zee1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
Welcome To AquariumAdvice.com

What is the size of your tank and how is it set up?

Old 08-07-2003, 01:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
If you have a large tank, 75 and up... I'd say it wouldn't be a problem. Clowns tend to stay in one area...if you have the setup (lighting) then you may even want to get an anemone for the clown which will definitely keep it on one place for most of the time. As for the tangs... I have a yellow and I just got a blue HIPPO tang today. I am hoping there will be no problems when I introduce after quarantine. But I would suggest introduction at the same time for the tangs. Yellows are pretty docile, after they get settled, but can harrass newcomers for a little. That's what mine does for like the first day...then she pretty much ignores them...and even "plays" with a couple. Keep in mind that you need to put as much thought into the fish you keep as your equipment and setup. Fish Only, Fish and Inverts and Reef require very different budgets and tank setups. Figure out where you want to end up first, then plot out the steps to get there... Read a couple of books too...
125 gal mixed REEF
PrettyFishies is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com