Clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigdon

Aquarium Advice Regular
My pair of clowns have been swimming on their sides all day and high in the water. They are feeding fine and have a little normal swim when chasing a flake of food. My params are all fine. Is this normal have read in some other forums it is

My pair of clowns have been swimming on their sides all day and high in the water. They are feeding fine and have a little normal swim when chasing a flake of food. My params are all fine. Is this normal have read in some other forums it is

I had this with one of my clowns about 4 months ago.. He would swim normal for a minute the would go sideways for a while and I never did figure out what the problem was, all my params were fine also, unfortunately mine didn't make it.. Hope you have better luck and look forward to see I anyone knows what the problem is ..

Myne swim on there sides at the top of the water against the back wall at night...clownfish..are..well.clowns..some of them are weird and do weird things...just keep an eye on them

They seem fine now thanks just strange little things

If its night time, they will lay wherever comfortable. I have one that floats on his side toward the top and the female sleeps with her belly in the corner of the tank, facing straight down.

Sent from my XT1080 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Seems to be a common behavior for clowns. Mine swam on their sides at the top rear of the tank for a long time. They still do this off and on, but they now swim in other areas of the tank. I thought they were confused until they started swimming upright. :)

My clown swims right with my green chromis, he will live and sleep with them along the back wall. He also tries to school. What species of clowns fo you have? Mine are true percula.

I have a pair of ocarlerises and 5 green chromises that all get on well

My clowns are tomato. I have two blue Chromis which swim with the clowns.

Its fine, mine does the same thing and has been living in the tank for 2 months. Clowns will often sleep where ever feel safest and warmest. Mine used to sleep by the heater at an angle but now he just sleeps in a corner near the top. :fish2:

Same, mine sleeps by the output, but maybe thats because my heater is in the sump...

Back
Top Bottom