clowns & corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've read that some clowns will host with some corals if an an anemone is not present. Has anyone ever had this happen to them and if so what types of clowns/corals.

We had a maroon clown that hosted in a hammer coral... and another maroon later on that hosted in a bubble coral.

I just looked up bubble corals, and they look great. Are they an easy coral to keep for a beginner? I read they need moderate lighting, but how much is moderate?

My current clown (A. percula) hangs out in my green button polyps

DSCF0506.jpg

And occasionally in my green star polyps

DSCF0457.jpg

I had a pair of pink skunk clowns that adopted a LT plate coral (to it's demise) and then moved to a toadstool leather, and finally ended up in an Elegance coral.

Elegance_and_Skunk_Clown.jpg

I have a single 40 wat 10,000k florescent and two 65w 10,000k/460nm (straight off the box since i dont know what nm is) actinic lamps....is this enough to support corals?

reef...your all over the place helping me out today thanks! :D

might have enough light to support some mushrooms, they have also been known to host clowns, hairy shrooms in particular. I doubt you have enough light for much else.

I think you could probably get away with some low light corals like mushrooms or yellow polyps. If you are wanting something for your clowns to host in, try hairy mushrooms... I've heard of clowns hosting in them.

EDIT: I need to learn to type faster. :oops:

You could probably keep green star polyps with your current lights, but you are going to need at least PCs to keep any LPS corals like a bubble coral, imo.

Back
Top Bottom