Clowns:If and when to break up a pair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
I received my australian b&w clowns about 6 weeks ago and just recently they have started to "bicker". I figured they would work out their differences in a week or two but it's going on 3 weeks now and the little one never seems to be able to catch his breath, the big one harasses him half the day. :-(

The larger one does the laying on its side and shaking thing- this is a dominant trait, yes? How long do I give them to stop bickering before i move one to another tank? I'd love to keep them together though if possible but don't want the big one to hurt the little one.

Any insights or experiences guys? I haven't had this issue before and this is my third set of clowns.....

I would give it another week. If it is bothering you a lot you can put in a mirror into the tank to give them a break.

Thanks for the idea. I'm not sure where I would put a mirror though lol. They are still bickering though but it seems to be not as bad as it was a few days ago. They still aren't sleeping together like all my other clown pairs did though. Not sure if that is a bad sign or not...

Anyone else know what I should do with these guys? let them keep going at it or move one?

thanks in advance folks!

Back
Top Bottom