Cocoa Worm????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldy0429

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Tank

34 gallon cube mixed reef
Weekly water changes
Majorly religious about water quality
Yellow Tang
Frostbite Clown
Black ocellaris
Fire goby
Yellow head goby
Xenia
Goby and pistol shrimp
Polyps

Do you want one or have one. In my example, I have to feed my feather dusters weekly in order to keep them healthy. I can't remover the type of food exactly but I'll write the name down when I get home

in that 34g that tang don't belong they are avid swimmers and need lots of room .
always wanted a coco worm but never got one I did have many large feather dusters
coco worms and feather dusters are both filter feeders they get what they need from the water column no special foods are needed

From everything I've read and discussed with other keepers, tangs get extremely stressed in closed quarters, developed ich and... well... you know:(

It's called benelets benreef reef food

I wasn't feeding anything to my duster at first, but it was starving. It shed all of its feathers and usually that's it, it's dead or close to it. But no, it grew more and now I spot feed it this once a week and it's bigger then it's ever been. This food is even better then reef roids

Coco worms are beautiful, but can be difficult to care for. They need an established system that can either produce food for it to eat from the water column or will need target feeding.
I had one for some time. The tank was several years old at that point if I remember correctly. I spot fed, but the liquid foods quickly and easily foul up the water column...and this is a system double the size of yours. You will need to have very strong filtration simply to keep up. This isn't bringing into consideration the large bioload already in the system itself.
Due to this, I'd highly suggest not having a coco worm in this system as it will end up starving to dead. I'd return it if possible. This hobby is about patience and the success that comes from it.

Thank you all for the advice. cgthebeast, I will grab some of the food you suggested!! I am target feeding and all seems well. I have read they are very specialized. As for the tang. I have had him almost a year and he is very healthy. However we are moving to a larger tank in the coming months which is why I kept him.

Cocoa worm is happy and healthy. Decided to keep him and we love him!!! Target feeding and calcium vigilence.

Attachments

• IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom