coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You also get a guarantee along with the shipping fee pretty much. Thats how I rationalize the shipping fees. theres been a few times when I got a new fish and it mysteriously passes like the next day with no sign of anything wrong and I'm out the money. At least thru online most retailers give up to a 14 day guarantee. I have yet to find a lfs that offers anything even close.

After I lost alot of my stock in the 125g a few months ago the lfs didnt even offer ANYTHING, not even a snail, and it was clearly and undoubtedly the fish I bought from him that introduced something that took out the new fish i got from him as well as a few of my older fish.

I'm fixing to place a live aquaria order pretty soon and the shipping charge is just killing me. lol BUT i got 14 days for the fish to either get sick or be fine.

I know liveaqauria will just refund your credit card if you want or you can keep it as an instore credit for your next order. And nope, you pay again and no refunds on shipping either. So it is still a gamble in a way.

When I lost a candycane goby in my cube from petsolutions.com they only could give me a store credit which took me a few months to actually use. i like LA's guarantee and refund policy alot more than others.

One of these days I'll be brave enough to buy fish online. I know it was mentioned in another thread. Maybe kio's. But do I need to take a sick day from work to receive it?

That is one of the things stopping me. My wife would be home but I don't think she would want to do the acclimation. She would rather I do it.

Beside, as silly as it sounds, I want to see the personallity of the one I am going to end up with. That way, it becomes a part of our extended family immediately. LOL Stupid I know but..... Stupid is as stupid does.

Nothing stupid about it. In part it was watching the midnight angel twitch in the store that I liked. I'm glad they didn't have a flame angel. This guy is fun to watch.

Nothing stupid about watching a fish for 5-10 minutes before buying...I do it everytime I buy a fish, heck I watch fish at my lfs without buying them. You can truly learn alot by understanding their swimming habits.

i keep looking at that darn flame angel. and i keep going back an forth on the clowns. i know that im for sure wanting the b&w clown, but its a toss up on the black ice or picasso or a snowflake clown.

coffeetwitch said:
i keep looking at that darn flame angel. and i keep going back an forth on the clowns. i know that im for sure wanting the b&w clown, but its a toss up on the black ice or picasso or a snowflake clown.

Lol... I know what u mean... So thinking about the Picasso, but the other clown was my 1st fish and only survivor from the start...

i need to think about direction with our tanks. the 40g is cool and all but a big 125 or 180 would be great to have... i can see us selling some of these smaller ones off once we get a big one.

i have seen some really cool small reef only tanks made out of a 40. so maybe sweety pie would go for that one in the bedroom.

Oh man you Saltwater people. Jesse Ive followed the whole thread lol Great tank even though I remain a FW only, I admire the SW just a bit more now :)

Hey thanks for that. I hope it wasn't too boring of a read. I'm lost in the sauce most times and have to fix my mistakes as I go. This forum is probably the best I've been on for anything. Nobody flames each other for the mistakes they make. Every one has been so patent with me as I learn.

that sounds really cool... i never knew of such a thing. ive been doing some reading up for our german blue rams, and found out that the tank is all wrong for them. i think our ph is like 7.5 ish and not enough cover. thats going to change this weekend though. hopefully. never enough money but ive got lots of time.

any tips?

that ph isnt to bad. its all according to where they came from. if they are used to the upper 7s theyll be fine. maybe wont breed but they wont die from it. and id deff give them some more cover. maybe some driftwood.

Well I sure wouldn't mind them breeding. Don't know what I would do with them. Even at 7.5 ish. We had a pair lay eggs. I may not go planted with live plants but I like the look of the silk plants. I've got some rose quarts now. I should probably just take a picture. We had a piece of wood that looked really nice but idk what happened to it. I think we tossed it when we changed our 75 into a sw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom