coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Just got one fish and some macro algae for my 125g sump. :)

Almost pulled the trigger on a yellow anthias but I don't know....

So not a very productive shopping outing as far as livestock but lots of good news for my 90g stand. yay!

look forward to the updates

im very tempted to order another koralia 750 for this tank. and i need more fish swimming around in it... any more suggestions?

Well what do you have currently for flow? And what are the occupants now? I lose track so easily with all these threads lol

Hmm I for sure would add another powerhead, that's a definite.

Are you thinking of getting another eel? if not and you're running a covered tank I'd look at wrasses. Awesome colors and very active fish. perfect for the fowlr and covered tank. :)

is there any fish you really really like? Well, within reason of course...lol No purple tangs or anything crazy. hehe

Wrasses are very nice! I have a Sixline, who is a very cool fish. Just aggressive, so I would have it be one of your last fish. :)

no eel on the list. still want to get the big tank. and thats been put off now. possibly still a year off...

i do like some wrasses. its an open top for o2 but i can put some egg create on it. to keep it open.

fish i like? ive been so focused on equipment to really look and say i really like these fish... most times its what ever catches my eye at the moment. i would like some red in there. still waiting on an african nob starfish? sweety pie may have to correct me on that. thought about a flame hawk or longnose hawk.

ive put this light over my ram tank (holy f-n poo) and cichlid tank.... carey if you ever feel like seeing the blue pop off your cichlids and glow, put these bulbs over them.

It's the whatever that catches your eye that will get ya in the end. LOL

I've been caught up in that before and usually I get the wrong fish. Like the scooter, caught my eye but was a bad idea. Or the sand perch that I loved so much looks wise. I would say start researching your head off so you can be prepared when you see a super cool fish you want. You know the LFS isnt gonna be a wealth of good information. hehe I was gonna pull the trigger on a yellow anthias today but was uncertain so i didn't get it. Just in case. I forgot my fish book so I couldn't look it up either. :-(

Yep, a knobby star, very un reef safe but a beautiful starfish. I plan on adding one to my fowlr 90g too.

I like both the flame hawk and the longnose! I plan on a flame hawk in the 90g. As far as clowns, I;d wait for the ones you REALLY want as you can only have one pair per tank don't forget. ;-)

As far as the scooter dragonet, I can't really say I would encourage anyone to get one. I got mine by mistake and was lucky enough that I could switch him to prepared foods as all he ate initially were pods.

I would get a Black Ice Clown. They are so awesome looking! Scooters and Mandarins are awesome, but I wish they weren't so difficult to care for :(.

I like both the flame hawk and the longnose! I plan on a flame hawk in the 90g. As far as clowns, I;d wait for the ones you REALLY want as you can only have one pair per tank don't forget. ;-)

As far as the scooter dragonet, I can't really say I would encourage anyone to get one. I got mine by mistake and was lucky enough that I could switch him to prepared foods as all he ate initially were pods.

i was naming everything that was at the store i wanted...

i was also informed about the scooter blenny from the local fish store so thats a plus. the owner is a good guy and it seems he is very patient with returning customers, understands costumer loyalty. he did mention a product to feed the manderins and the scooters.

he had a flame hawk that i almost walked out with but he said the hawk wasnt looking too good. he did not push the sale. i took that cue and left him in the store.

there is another one in town that looks great though. i may have to go get him. i suppose i will wait for the black ice. although the picassos i saw where pretty close. they also had the aussy black clowns. still young and just a touch of orange on the nose but that should go away with time.

what do you guys think about getting the bw now and then the black ice when i can?

hold on ill get the name of the food too so if anyone knows about it they can share... nutramar ova

what else did i want to mention??? idk it will come to me latter,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom