coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
that lfs closes at 9 tonight... do i or dont i??? think it would make the ride home in the saddle bag of a motorcycle? or too delicate?

well im still hawkless in this tank. im thinking i like the camel shrimp too. i think i may want to also look into a sand sifting goby. any ideas?

there was something at one of the lfs's that i like watching in the tank there, it reminded me of transformers when the constructicons where tearing down the pyramid.

some pictures of the rock work.

img_1561447_0_8a7392340036beb4c76baf73d2304bc0.jpg

img_1561447_1_2884bf07010073dc56c93d2573545888.jpg

img_1561447_2_3d480d5edf31623f39eced17a111d04f.jpg

ha and i just cant leave well enough alone i had to move a rock to the top
img_1561447_3_07338926a910585acd7b80fdd1154c2d.jpg

img_1561447_4_e8ac7eeee5c5ebae06226276fb152878.jpg

i wiggle test everything. the rock will lock together if i do it right.

if i wiggle and it acts like it wants to fall i find another way to do it.

ive got to keep in mind that im going to eventually have an african red knob starfish in there so its got to be sturdy

the midnight angel just keeps figure 8ing through it all. there is some swimming room behind the rocks too. and to my surprise, the banggai has spent the magority of its time in front of the rocks so i can watch him hover.

you mean what happened to it or why am i not restocking it?

what happened wasn't fun, i think I stressed him too much trying to move him over.

why he is not on the stocking list is that he was destined for a larger tank to begin with, and now that may be farther down the road than planed. so now our plans are to just keep this tank ,hopefully, modest. ive got some good rock for one. but with the big tank pushed back i think it would be best to wait. i saw a big guy at the lfs, really cool looking guy. just now i have to wait...

I honestly think they can live in a 40g long term. My teacher has a fully grown one and it's only about 2 ft, but it is always living within the rocks. Oh well, hopefully you can get a bigger tank soon.

If I could make a small suggestion from personal experience... look into an engineer goby. They are obviously bottom-dwellers, but are also sand-sifters. They will build themselves a series of caves and tunnels under your rocks. The reason I suggest that you look ink them is because I can't do a single thing in my tank without him keeping an eye on me lol. He literally polices the tank. He is by far the coolest fish in my tank. He will literally disappear and then pop up somewhere else...all while watchin me

If I could make a small suggestion from personal experience... look into an engineer goby. They are obviously bottom-dwellers, but are also sand-sifters. They will build themselves a series of caves and tunnels under your rocks. The reason I suggest that you look ink them is because I can't do a single thing in my tank without him keeping an eye on me lol. He literally polices the tank. He is by far the coolest fish in my tank. He will literally disappear and then pop up somewhere else...all while watchin me

according to liveaquaria those guys are really small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom