coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coffeetwitch said:
i think i also need some purple or pink coralline algae on these white rocks!

If u have live rock in ur tank, just give it time. The rock will not stay white for long. Mine from the last build is turning this beautiful yellow from one of the other LR and getting purple from another. Almost look like the Fiji LR I put in at 1st. Very nice.

its only got one piece of live rock in there now. and i dont think that it had anything pretty on it.

thank you redsea

coffeetwitch said:
its only got one piece of live rock in there now. and i dont think that it had anything pretty on it.

thank you redsea

Unless the rock has corline, u won't get it... Buy a piece with it on it and have it touch..

yes he really looks that red.

img_1562328_0_c7b383fd93e3fd29dd1f241a03535b0d.jpg

img_1562328_1_a2073176a88120d43efe8c9d94266585.jpg

img_1562328_2_ef65a9bc6c0a422439ea60b7f1bf5299.jpg

angel is curious about him but nothing too hostile yet.

coffeetwitch said:
yes he really looks that red.

angel is curious about him but nothing too hostile yet.

He'll be bouncing off the rocks soon enough... Lol

He is cool. I like how they look like grumpy old men. I hope he makes it! I'm still skittish over adding new fish.

Blennies? gobies? Look that way to me too.

His color is just so vivid. Now u know why I could wait to get him. So far everything in the tank eats mysis shrimp. Is there a better food for them? The one that wasn't looking so hot at the store I would rather buy from went batty for garlic brine. If I have a chance to pick some of that up i think I should.

The more I observe our tanks, pellet food really isn't the most wanted food and frozen is cheap enough. At least that's the way it seems to me.

You mean lawnmower blenny right? lol I like mine, alot of personality. :)

and yep, I changed my avatar picture. lol

Mine eats not just algae anymore, he eats literally everything I feed the tank including carnivore food. That's why he's so fat.

carey said:
Mine eats not just algae anymore, he eats literally everything I feed the tank including carnivore food. That's why he's so fat.

Is that a universal thing? Or is it just yours?

I think it's just mine,. Though I hear they arent that hard to feed after the algae is gone. Mine eats flake and pellets as well as frozen. He also is crazy about algae sheets. :)

I've got red algae and nls pellets. Would one get along with my angel and hawk?

Any better food to feed everyone besides misis?

My lawnmower really keeps to himself, he doesn't bother with anyone in the tank. He's mostly just perched on or in between rocks and looks at me like "what are YOU" doing to my tank. lol He's a little pig when it comes tot he algae sheets so if you get one I'd make that part of his diet.

Mine eats NLS flakes and pellets. And he eats mysis, not sure if thats normal or not for this fish. He used to spit out the carnivore food but now he just eats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom