coffeetwitch's 40g breeder fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a few pics of my mangrove set up for now. Some people also float them with styrophone (yeah. Spelled that wrong. Lol) or tie them up with strings. All of these ways work (I hung with styrophone at first and still get roots) but the dsb method sped things up a little bit.

Very nice! I wish my biocube had a fuge like that. Maybe I'll add a proflex after its set up:D

When i was about 7 i got my first tank. It was an all in one 5 gallon Betta tank. "Cleaning it" consisted of taking it to the bathroom, emptying the tank washing it with soap, adding new gravel, and filling it up with untreated tap water. Surprisingly jerry survived for a year! Then over the years I accumulated tons of bettas(I got all the way up to jerry the eighth!) and then this past summer I really started reaserching and got my first real tank, my ten gallon tropical community. And now I'm already up to my nose in the awesomeness of saltwater. Yay.:D

We always had 10 gallons or smaller. Mostly community fish. We had an eel for awhile that would eat from your hand and the seahorses. Since march the wife and I now have a 125 cichlid tank a 29 gallon angel tank a 10 gallon community. For sw we have a 14 and 29 biocube set up and our 125 cycling. We have another 125 waiting to be brought in so i can cycle it a 54 and a 29 all with what's needed to get running. A 46 bowfront that needs recaulked and a 10. That doesn't include our bearded dragon or corn snake lol.

mdavidson said:
We always had 10 gallons or smaller. Mostly community fish. We had an eel for awhile that would eat from your hand and the seahorses. Since march the wife and I now have a 125 cichlid tank a 29 gallon angel tank a 10 gallon community. For sw we have a 14 and 29 biocube set up and our 125 cycling. We have another 125 waiting to be brought in so i can cycle it a 54 and a 29 all with what's needed to get running. A 46 bowfront that needs recaulked and a 10. That doesn't include our bearded dragon or corn snake lol.

Im just wondering if you have any open floor space at all in your house....holy tanks

Yes plenty left. 1500 sq foot ranch w a finished basement. Here is the living room and kitchen. The 10 gallon is in a spare bedroom. Forgot I have a salamander in the other spare. Have had him since like 92. The other tanks are in the garage for now. I need help moving the other 125 to my bedroom if anyone wants to help lol.

ForumRunner_20111106_115703.jpg

ForumRunner_20111106_115723.jpg

hahaha floating tank completely doable. huma is on the right track. you pay for the materials, ive got 3 weeks vaca saved up then i can call in sick for about a month before i run out of time .. if your sweety pie wants to do this thing.....

mdavidson, you house is beautiful. thanks for sharing those pictures.

also the six line is still mia. rd mentioned his swam into and through holes he didnt know his could fit. well mine has disappeared into the rock somewhere. i only hope that he finds his way back out and begins acting like part of the tank and not the rocks. at this point im in fear of loosing him.

banggai is a pig. i think if i kept throwing mysis cubes in, he would keep eating.

the wrasse has caused me to move more rock around. but i never found him.

Coffee. Thank you bout the house. I'll post a pic of the other 3 tanks shortly when I go outside. I had the same thing happen to a clown fish over a week ago. He disappeared at night and I haven't found any sight of him.

so should i just keep my fingers crossed? if i dont see him at feeding times then i know he isnt eating and then will die. then i have a mystery dead fish.

mdavidson said:
Coffee. Thank you bout the house. I'll post a pic of the other 3 tanks shortly when I go outside. I had the same thing happen to a clown fish over a week ago. He disappeared at night and I haven't found any sight of him.

May have died (RIP) but your clean up crew can sometimes take care of em if they are small enough over night

coffeetwitch said:
so should i just keep my fingers crossed? if i dont see him at feeding times then i know he isnt eating and then will die. then i have a mystery dead fish.

My wrasse went into hiding for four days before he came out and I could see him. He was most likely eating in the caves or behind the rockwork. Just test your water to make sure there's no spike one day

I wouldn't worry about the Sixline either. When I fist got mine, he hid in some algae for a couple of days or stayed very close to the rock. :)

Here are the other tanks. The other is just a standard 29. I thought bout building as well. Getting acrylic and having a custom tank in my basement. But the wife and I wanna relocate in a few years and I would hate to have to part with that.

ForumRunner_20111106_131423.jpg

ForumRunner_20111106_131451.jpg

And yes I have had the cleaning crew take care of a clown in a matter of hours. I have had bad luck with my clowns for some reason.

ive got a borrowed and skeleton crew of a cuc in my tank now. ive ordered some stuff but wont ship until Tuesday

Jlsardina said:
Lol. I've actually thought about building a tank once a long time ago that you could have several tanks next to each other with tubing so the fish could visit their neighbors.

Lol I've thought of that. I want to do something like that for my rats.

Nice. I will prob order mine in about 2 weeks. I'm ordering new power heads/wavemakers today. Was gonna try an make due w ehat I have but found a good sale so just gonna get new

Here's a few pics of my mangrove set up for now. Some people also float them with styrophone (yeah. Spelled that wrong. Lol) or tie them up with strings. All of these ways work (I hung with styrophone at first and still get roots) but the dsb method sped things up a little bit.

what do you do once they get taller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom